If you like my work, but don't find quite what you're looking for, I would love to create a custom painting for you! My commission process is simple and efficient. I will communicate with you throughout the process to make sure you are satisfied with the finished piece.
1. E-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org to start the process. For pricing and production time, please let me know the size and subject matter you are interested in.
2. We can discuss details such as size, subject, colors, composition, and paintings of mine that you like or dislike. Feel free to send any reference photos, color swatches and inspiration boards.
3. I typically require payment in full to start the commission process; a deposit will be accepted for larger projects.
4. After payment is made, I can first send sketches and color studies that will give you an idea of composition and colors to approve before starting on the final piece. Revisions included in the price of your commission must be done during this phase, so please let me know if you would like any changes.
5. After the initial sketch(es) are reviewed, I can do three rounds of revised sketches included in the price of your commission; then there will be a $50 fee for each additional sketch requested.
6. Once you approve the sketch, payment in full is required to begin working on the final piece.
7. I will keep in touch throughout the process and send you a photo of your painting to approve before shipment.
My expressive and intuitive wet-into-wet watercolor style of painting makes some results uncontrollable and unpredictable, which also makes this medium and technique so beautiful to work with. I can guide the paint, but some spontaneous things occur like where colors bleed together and “bloom.” This means each piece is truly unique and impossible to replicate. Watercolor is often considered an “unforgiving” medium, because you usually need to get things right on the first try. Since the paint is translucent, it cannot be erased or painted over. After I begin the final painting, revisions are unlikely able to be made because they usually require me to start the painting completely over. Once I send you photos of the finished painting, an additional fee may be required for revisions requested. This fee is on a case-by-case basis depending upon the revisions requested and the time it would take to achieve them. Please note, I reserve the common-law copyright to all commissioned artwork, including reproduction rights. No work may be reproduced without written consent. The commissioned piece may be displayed in my portfolio and used for promotional purposes.
Most commissioned pieces take 3-6 weeks to complete. Large-scale and multiple pieces may take longer. I can let you know how long your painting will take before you place the order. Please let me know if you have a deadline for your project and I will try my best to meet it.
"I opened the package and was moved to tears...This piece is so beautiful and immediately transports me to a distant time with my mother, on a walk, on a dirt road with this flower in one hand and her hand in my other. My mom is now 85 struggling with a fading memory and I'm 57 longing for something simple, pure, and clear. Your work gently satisfies and I am grateful to have found you." - Tammy E.
"I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! It’s even more beautiful in real life and is just soooo perfect! Thank you so much, you have been an absolute pleasure to work with - you couldn’t have been any more efficient, helpful or accomodating." - Alissa O.
"Elizabeth was a pleasure to work with. She put a great deal of effort into understanding what we wanted and then mixed that with her style to create a large format floral watercolor that was truly extraordinary. She then put lots of time into creating extensive studies for the commission. I had a wonderful experience working with her." - Jacob Z.
"I cannot express how wonderful Elizabeth was to work with. She got back to me right away and got to work creating an original piece that came out better than I ever could have imagined & that will be cherished forever. She is extremely talented, time efficient, but also kind and thoughtful. Thank you Elizabeth for the beautiful painting, I cannot wait to gift it to my mother!" - Teresa H.
"We are thrilled with our custom watercolor! Every detail is perfect and she captured such a wonderful memory for us. It will be such a special piece we will enjoy for many, many years!" - Christy S.
" I absolutely love it; it's perfect! You're so talented -- I don't just mean the technical execution of the watercolor but your ability to understand what I was aiming for and turn it into a reality." - Chris T.